Thursday, February 5, 2009

In which I attempt assent to Maslow's next level.

Well, that's unfair, really. I mean, I have a place to stay. So shelter is sort of covered. But really, home ownership would fall under the category of Self-actualization if you ask me. I mean, then I know I've arrived.

I've looked at countless houses online, 12 in person. We've got an offer in at one house that is like, for real, dude, totally sweet. I must devolve my language skills to convey how awesome this house is. It should be totally out of our price range. But it isn't. So we went for it. 

But somebody else went for it first. This is like dating, or job hunting. You get yourself all worked up, talk yourself into it, and then it turns out something completely out of your control (like having no real job skills or not enough money) has kept you from realizing your dreams. 

We haven't given up hope quite yet on the Perfect House. But we're going to continue to look at less perfect houses in the meantime.

Also, if one more person tells me it's a "buyer's market" I will spit. It's a buyer's market for houses that nobody actually wants.

No comments: